Thursday, June 21, 2007

I've Got Rhythm

I am getting into the flow of blogging now and I feel like I have found a rhythm. It is basically writing from my blackberry whatever is on my heart at the moment; so I think my blog will be a mixture of personal stuff, leadership principles, inside info about the church that I want people to know and basic kind of what's going on stuff. The key for me is blogging works when something is on my heart that I want to communicate to the church. If I have to think about what to write, then it just doesn't work. Fortunately for me (as with most preachers), it seems I usually have something to say. So I am really fired up about this next season at Celebration -- the new growth track, small group strategy, the new service times later next month, and especially our staff unity and staff dynamic. Our staff is so awesome. I have never been more at peace about what God is doing and where we are headed as a church. I think we will all be blown away by what God does through Celebration Church over the next 10 months. Not just in the numerical growth and church expansion -- but in the impact God is beginning to allow us to have in this nation and even around the world. I just want to stay in love with Jesus and keep following Him. I am so grateful to God for His goodness to Celebration Church!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ME TOO!!!

Julia said...

Hi Stovall,

I have to admit to really enjoying the blogs. I've gotten to know Kerri a bit through her blog and have enjoyed a depth that you can't find when you only see them "on stage" occasionally. Many times when I've left church I've said to my husband, "I wonder what they're life is like....really". Being a christian, living a christian life and having a heart full of christian thoughts are all books in and of themselves. Many people have turned away from God at the hands of a supposed Christian. It is a special calling.

I come from a christian family, with it's own unique and bittersweet story. My brother has been a pastor for 25 years in a quaint NH town. He has done a wonderful job and the church has grown well. Very insightful and a teacher by nature and pursuing to be a professor now that his children are getting older. My son has just begun as Pastor of a church in Winston-Salem. Before you think - I'm not old. I was under 15 when I had my son. I'd be embarrassed, but both my children are amazing. I raised them on my own and we beat all odds. I try to encourage my son by telling him about how you all started. He remains faithful.

Anyways, we recently relocated to JAX due to my job and my husband started a business here. We live every day by faith....and celebration church. I cannot tell you how your's and Kerri's ministries have strengthened and healed. Thank you.
(P.S.: I said hello to you once at the gym. I'm the one who forgot to get off the equipment before I raised my hand to say hello (kind of a Lucille Ball.....)

Anonymous said...

You do have rythm...I seen you do the Electric Slide at SHINE 2006. :-)

Anonymous said...

I think what you're doing at Celebration is great. Even though I might be considered by some to be part of that "older generation" (never thought I'd hear that!), I still enjoy the services at Deerwood. I'd be interested to see this "traditional" type service, but I think the whole reason I was intrigued to begin with was that the church "experience" at Celebration was so different than the "normal" church, that I felt like something special was going on.
Changing the subject: How about a Armed Forces Appreciation Day or something like that, where we honor our men (and women) in uniform? I really get sick and tired of all the political posturing and just want the people in our VOLUNTARY armed forces know that I appreciate the sacrifice they are making to protect our liberties.

Anonymous said...

OK, you got rhythm, I got harmony and melody to go with it *plunks on piano Schroeder-style*

ajthurb23 said...

HI Pastor,

Just want to let you know that you encourage my spirit! My wife and I lead an Overflow group and the word the Lord gave me this summer for our group was 1 Peter 5:8,9. These groups are so essential for new believers to grow in the Lord 75% of or group has only been to church 3-4 times. Satan is trying to isolate new people in our church and keep them from getting involved so he can devour them. Praise God for the groups where we can make connections, build trust and really show God's love. Just wanted to thank you for pumping these groups and following the holy spirit. For my wife and I this group is preparing us for the ministry God has called us to. Praying for you!! God bless.

Unknown said...

finally! Pastor has a blog! need a picture of that mugg on here! love ya man. www.toddsblog.org

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of old time worship. We need to let our youth and young people of today know the hymns of the church. We were raised on them and still love them.